Well I made it through week 24! It was a fun week even though we were prepping for the ISAT! I realized something huge this week. I have to have let them create more. And no, I don't just mean create with the bloom's folder. I mean actually create something a product that is their own that they are proud of.
In prepping for the ISAT I introduced the idea of a mnemonic device. I made up a song about figurative language to the tune of jingle bells. I was so proud of myself for getting through it. I was never embarrassed singing in front of my third graders because they didn't have opinions about me but I was so nervous in front of the sixth graders! They loved it though! So many of them really caught on and could identify the different elements of figurative language in my song! It made me os happy because i really love singing and dancing in my classroom and I just guess I have been nervous because I don't want them to think I'm too elementary? But many of the memories that i hear they have about me in third grade include singing and dancing and that's truly who i am as a teacher so I'm going to incorporate more of that. So anyways- then I had them create their own song/poem or mnemonic device to help them remember figurateive langauge. They were so into it! The most reluctant students got so into it and really made something they said they will remember. I was so proud of the work that they did. Not one single kid was bored. It was great. I have got to get more of this creating products going in the classroom.
Let's just hope it helps in the next couple of weeks. I HATE TESTING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment